Chemical Fee Exemptions (CFE's) are requested through a Request process, in CHS Manager, through an Annual, Annual Revision or Closed for Business Update Report. Update Reports do not have the request process available. The requests will be sent to the appropriate staff to then review and either approve or not approve. Contact may be made with the Facility for further information.
Before requesting a Chemical Fee Exemption, review the What is this? link for each Chemical Exemption.
- Login to CHSM
- Start a new Annual, Revision or Closed Business Update or a previously Initiated Report (the Initiated Report must have been initiated AFTER the Enhancement was put in place)
- Update any information needed in all Steps other than Step 3
- Either Edit or Add a Chemical
- On the Chemical Description tab, fill in ALL required information
- In the Chemical Fee Exemptions section, click the link Do you want to request to Change or Remove Chemical Fee Exemptions? This will expand the CFE selections
- Click Yes to any requested Exemptions, multiple CFE’s can be selected
- Fill in the Chemical Fee Exemption Request Reason notes section with a reason for EACH exemption requested
- Click Save
- Continue with the rest of the report and Submit
Note: The Chemical Fee Exemption will not change the Invoiced Fee until it has been Approved by the CR2K Staff. An email for both the Request and the Determination will be emailed to the Submit User and the Regulatory Point of Contact listed for the Facility.
Once the CFE Request has been determined, a new Print Report .pdf will be available through the Regulatory Reports List for the Facility.
Our staff is available to assist with this process or any other questions you may have about CHS Manager or CR2K regulations.
If you have additional questions, please submit a Help Desk ticket or call the Hazardous Substance Information Hotline 503-378-6835 or 800-454-6125.