An Update report is required to be submitted to report changes to the Facility for the current calendar year; these changes are known as Substantive Change. Substantive Changes are required to be submitted within 30 days of the change.
The following are changes that can be submitted in an Update report:
- A change of ownership or business name.
- A change of site address or mailing address.
- A change of any phone number.
- A change in any of the contact person(s).
- Adding a new hazardous substance to the site in a reportable quantity.
- An increase of a substance already reported that changes the Maximum Amount Code.
- A previously reported substance that has moved to another building, another floor level, or 300 feet or more from its originally reported storage location.
The following cannot be submitted in an Update report:
- The removal/deletion of a hazardous substance reported on the annual report for the previous year.
- The reduction of the maximum or average storage amounts of a hazardous substance reported on the annual report for the previous year.
For additional assistance starting a new Update report, refer to How do I submit an Update Report, or Substantive Change?