There are multiple features available for public access within the map on CHS Manager. Understanding what each feature is and does will allow you to easily maneuver through the CHS Manager system.
- By clicking on the Legend Tab at the top right section, you will be able to see what each icon on the map represents.
- The Layers tab, allows you to select the layers on the map that you can and cannot see. Check the layers you wish to view, and uncheck the layers you do not wish to view.
- The Search tab, allows you to choose weather you want to search facilities, or search facilities with chemicals. Each of these options, will allow you to refine your specific search by narrowing the search criteria.
For more detailed instructions on how to utilize search, please review the article How do I search as a citizen in CHS Manager?
4. On the left hand side of the map, in the top section you will see a number of functionality buttons.
Below is a description of each buttons functionality. (Left to Right)
Refresh Map - Refreshes the page
Search - Search by Map Layers
Clear - Clears the search
Zoom In - Zooms in on any area where a square is drawn
Zoom Out - Zooms out of any area where a square is drawn
Pan - Drags the map
Full Extent - Goes back to the entire State view
Previous Extent - Previous view
Next Extent - Next view
Identify - Identify an icon on the map
Select Features - draw a shape to select feature within the zone
Measure - Select either point, distance, or area. Click on the map to draw the area you wish to measure.
Base Map - Sets base map (the only option is world streets)
5. On the map a user may scroll to zoom in or out.
6. Press and hold the left mouse to drag the map (pan) to the left or right, up or down.
7. To identify a facility, click the Identify button and then click a facility, day care center, or hospital
icon on the map.
Our staff is available to assist with these processes or any other questions you may have about CHS Manager or CR2K regulations. They can be reached by calling our Hazardous Substance Information Hotline at 503-378-6835 or 800-454-6125, or submit a ticket.