Owners and operators who have multiple facilities that are only separated by a public right of way, known as Contiguous Sites, are able to report them on a single report. The separate addresses are reported as different storage locations.
The benefit of combining contiguous sites is they are considered to be one facility and therefore only subject to a single fee. However, owners and operators may choose to keep contiguous locations separate for tracking, ease of reporting, etc. Each location would then receive a fee (if applicable).
If a facility has Contiguous Sites, but wish to separate them, follow the steps below:
1. On the Home Page hover over the Facilities tab at the top and click on List Facilities in the drop down.
2. Select the Facility Name from the Active Facilities list
3. Click the Add New Annual, Update, or Revision button.
4. Select the report type. Remember you are required to submit an Annual Report each year. If an Annual Report has been submitted, select Revision. Click Proceed
If you are submitting a Revision Report, you will need to select the report you wish to revise from the drop down, and enter a reason for the revision. Click Finish
5. Scroll down to Step 1: Review Facility Information and Click Edit
6. Click on the Owner/Operator tab at the top
7. In the Multiple Addresses Part of Same Facility Site ID (Contiguous Site) section, select No, or delete each contiguous address from the list with the Delete Icon. Click Save
Once the Contiguous Addresses have been deleted or No was selected, 7.
You will need to add each of the deleted contiguous addresses as New Facilities. This article can assist you with adding the New Facilities.
If you have additional questions, please submit a Help Desk ticket or call the Hazardous Substance Information Hotline 503-378-6835 or 800-454-6125.