There are many reasons you can request a review of the hazardous substance possession fee. The most common reasons are:
- Over Reported - A facility believes they over reported the maximum amount.
- Hazard Rank - A facility believes the fee is incorrect based on the hazard ranking of the substance being billed.
- Exempt - A facility believes they are exempt from the hazardous substance possession fee, or believes the reported substances are exempt from the fee.
- Out of Business - A facility has gone out of business.
NOTE: If the substances were present for more than 24 hours in a reportable amount during the reporting period, the fee is owed.
- Business Sold - The facility's business was sold.
NOTE: If the substances were present in a reportable amount during the reporting period, the fee is owed. The seller and buyer must determine who will be responsible to pay the fee.
- Current Fee Based On Previous Report - In cases where we have not received the latest report due, the fee will be based on the last submitted report. Once we receive the latest report, we will reassess the fee based on the current information.
If you feel your facility has been issued an incorrect fee, please send a written request for a review to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also mail it to:
Oregon State Police
Office of State Fire Marshal
Community Right to Know
3565 Trelstad Ave SE
Salem, OR 97317
Reviews will only be conducted after a written request. Reviews are conducted in the order they are received.