With the implementation of the CHS Manager, substations or cell tower sites with hazardous substances will be reported separately. This will allow for the facilities to be properly linked to the responsible fire department and the local emergency planning committee.
The definition of a substation per OAR 837-085-0040(61) is as follows:
(61) "Substation" means facilities that function only as electrical transmission relays, telephone transmission relays, pager transmission relays, cable TV transmission relays, cellular phone transmission relays, radar transmission relays, water storage reservoir, water pump or chlorinating stations, sewerage/storm water pump stations, natural gas pump stations or road sand storage.
- Under the Company Name field, enter the actual Company Name
- Under the “Division or Department” header, include the name of the actual facility followed by the word “substation” to help better define the facility's use.
Company Name: XYZ Electric Company
Division or Department: Substation ABC
- The site address will need to be entered (street address or latitude/longitude).
- If you are entering a location without a street address, enter the description of the site (e.g. 1.5 miles east on forest service road 25) into the street name field. Please check the box labeled "Check if facility address is not a standard address" at the top of the screen.
- The storage locations (e.g. “generator building”) will need to be identified for each chemical.