Select the Gear in the upper-right corner of the screen or the “Tools” menu if you have the menu bar enabled, then select “Internet Options“.
Always activate Java for a site
If you have a trusted site that uses Java and you need to use that site often, you can make Java work normally on just that website.
- Click the plugin icon in the address bar and a message panel will open.
- In the message panel, click .
Now, whenever you visit this site, the plugin will automatically run and you won't get the "Click to activate" message.
Java security prompts
After activating Java for a site you may see a security prompt, asking you to confirm that you want to run Java, or a message such as "Application Blocked by Security Settings", with no option to run Java. These security prompts and messages come from Java itself, not from Firefox, and depend on the website and your security settings in the Java Control Panel.
For more information, see these Java Help pages:
- What should I do when I see a security prompt from Java?
- How do I control when an untrusted applet or application runs in my web browser?
- Why are Java applications blocked by your security settings with the latest Java?
- Open a window in Google Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
- Click Done.