- Once you receive the approval email, you can log in to the Oregon Community Right to Know Hazardous Substance Manager (CHS Manager) with your Username and Password.
- You can access your list of facilities three ways from the homepage.
- Click the "Continue" button.
- At the top of the screen hover over the "Faciltiies" tab and select "List Facilities".
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. In the "Facility Status Summary" box click the linked number in the Active column to see Active facilities, and in the Inactive column to see Inactive facilities.
- Click on the Facility Name to view facility information and reports.
- Select Add a New Annual/Update/Revision Report.
- For more information on differences between annual, update, or revision, please search our knowledge base or click here.
- Choose a report to begin your survey.
- There are seven sections to the survey which will all need to be edited or completed before submission. Click the edit button on each section to review and save each section regardless of whether you have made changes or not.
- Required fields are mandatory and are marked with red asterisks.
Step 1: Review Your Facility Information
- This section will contain location, business activity at your site, owner/operator information, and the mailing and billing address. In the upper right corner of the section click the edit button.
- Location and Business Activity at this site: This screen/tab contains the site address and business activity for this site. If you have trouble validating your address, see this article.
- Owner/Operator: This screen/tab includes the direct site phone number and owner's first name, last name, and email.
- Mailing and Billing Address: In this screen/tab mailing address is mandatory. You can also copy over the physical address (if it's the same as the mailing address) by clicking on the Copy Physical Address link.
Step 2: Review Reporting Exemption Reasons
- In this section you will be able to review and update your reporting exemption if applicable to your facility. Unless you are no longer storing chemicals at your business, you will only click save in this section. If you are no longer storing chemicals, select the checkbox to indicate that this facility no longer stores chemicals and indicate the date the facility stopped storing chemicals. By default, this will always be set to non-exempt.
Step 3: Review Chemical Inventory
- Chemical Description: In this tab, you can add, edit or review your existing chemical inventory as well as identify chemicals that are exempt from the Hazardous Substance Possession Fee (HSPF). In order to request an exemption, please review and select an exemption category that may be applicable to a specific chemical. Descriptions for each exemption are provided. Also be aware, you need to upload your Safety Data Sheet (SDS) at this point for each chemical that you report.
- Inventory and Storage: In this tab, you enter storage locations and amounts for each of the chemicals that are being reported. You will need to edit each storage location since this is a new feature in CHS Manager. Previously, CR2K collected max daily amount, container type, pressure, and temperature at the chemical level and not at the storage location level.
- If you need additional assistance adding or editing a chemical, please review this article.
Step 4: Review Subject to Status
- In this section you will be able to review whether you are subject to each regulatory program. Based on what's been reported previously, one or more of these programs will be marked as Active.
- On the right side of the screen, click on the white question mark in the green circle to access resource links for more information on each of these programs.
These are the Regulatory programs:
- EPCRA Section 302- Threshold Planning Quantities (TPQ) for Extremely Hazardous Substances (EHS)
- Clean Air Act Section 112(r)- Chemical accident provisions under the Risk Management Program (RMP)
- EPCRA Section 313- Toxic Release Inventory (TRI)
- OR-OSHA- Process Safety Management (PSM)
Step 5: Review Report Contacts
- In this section, you will review Facility and Owner/Operator contacts and Regulatory and Emergency contacts. It is important to keep this data updated since it's used by CR2K to administer the CR2K program, and emergency planners and responders to plan for and respond to potential incidents.
- The regulatory point of contact and emergency contact are mandatory. An Emergency Planning Coordinator is only mandatory if your facility is storing Extremely Hazardous Substances that meet the Threshold Planning Quantity.
Step 6: Review Attachments
- In this section, you can upload your site plan and emergency response plan. This is not mandatory, but can be used by emergency planners and responders to plan or respond to an incident.
- For assistance uploading your site plan and emergency response plan, please review this article.
Step 7: Submit Report
- Once all the previous steps have been completed, you will be able to submit the report. If there is incomplete information on previous steps, you will not see the submit button or be able to move forward.
- If your facility has fees, you will see a Fee Summary. Click Proceed with Report.
- If your facility does not have fees, you will be taken to the Certify Report page.
- Read the acknowledgment statement and mark the box indicating your understanding.
- Click the link to preview your submission before certifying.
- Enter Name, Title, and Phone Number. Click the submit button to certify your report.
- You will receive a message thanking you for your submission, click on the Print Report link. You are required to maintain copies of your reports for three years.
If you need additional help submit a ticket here.